The Mid Amateur Circuit of Andalusia kicks off 2021 on Andalusia Day, Sunday the 28th of February, with its first tournament of the year. The 18-hole, stroke play challenge will be held on Atalaya’s championship Old Course.
Official RFGA Event:
The tournament is an official event of the Real Federación Andaluza de Golf (RFGA).
Atalaya members who are not Estepona residents may legally travel from their home municipalities to Atalaya to practise in preparation for and to play in this competition. The only requirement before doing so is proof of tournament registration.
- Amateurs (ladies and gentlemen), regardless of handicap.
- Age 25 years and older or those who turn 25 in 2021.
- Spanish federated license issued through the RFGA required.
- Yellow tees men; red tees women.
- Two male categories; two female categories.
- Buggies and manual/electric trolleys allowed.
- €50.00 – ALL players.
- Inscribe online here (on or before Wednesday, February 24th).
COVID_19 protocol form:
- Fill out and sign online here.
Official RFGA Tournament Information:
- Official tournament information (in Spanish) here.
Courses Hosting the 2021 Mid Amateur Circuit:
According to Miguel Navarro Álvarez, the Secretary General and Manager of the RFGA, the “best courses” in Andalucía are chosen as venues for the circuit. In addition to Atalaya’s Old Course, 2021 Mid Amateur events will be held at:
- Real Club Sevilla Golf
- Real Novo Sancti Petri Golf Club in Chiclana de la Frontera
- Aloha Golf Club
- Real Club Golf Sotogrande
Why Was Atalaya Chosen?
Navarro Álvarez commented that Atalaya’s Old Course was chosen by the RFGA because of its excellence. He reflected about its condition a few weeks ago during the RFGA sponsored Andalusian Cup. He said: “With the problems” …“we could have seen with the weather, the professionalism of your team created a great golf stage in perfect condition. The level of the players was incredible, and the impression that they took from the Atalaya Old Course has been magnificent.”